|ITV transmission date||14th June 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||12th June 1978|
|Next episode||19th June 1978|
Alf talks Renee into visiting Daisy Hibbert. Ivy is appalled that Mike sacked Hilda. She feels that if he gets away with sacking her he could sack them all. Fred takes Alma Walsh out in the Rover. Ivy accuses Mike of victimisation. He accuses her of stirring. The Rover has a flat tyre and whilst Fred changes it, Alma chats him up. Ivy calls a union meeting. She tells Mike that the workforce demand Hilda's reinstatement. When he refuses she threatens to bring the factory out on strike. Renee goes to see Daisy, leaving Alf alone with Bet.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Flying Horse - Public
- Gasworks site - Exterior
- This episode was broadcast at 7.45pm due to World Cup coverage.
- TV Times synopsis: Why are the factory girls threatening Mike Baldwin with a strike? Fred Gee goes courting in Annie Walker's car.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,450,000 viewers (15th place).
|June 1978 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|