|ITV transmission date||21st June 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||19th June 1978|
|Next episode||26th June 1978|
Alf is annoyed as Bet refuses to give him any privacy. Elsie looks for a job. When the pickets make too much noise, Alf and Bet appear at the same bedroom window to quieten them, causing embarrassment on Alf's part. Steve crosses the picket line to get into work. Mike doesn't want to miss an order so he sends the denim to London to be made up. The van driver refuses to cross the picket line so Steve has to get the denim out. Ivy catches him trying to leave with the van and gets the girls to block his path. She steals the van keys so he can't move it. Alf gets annoyed as people talk about him living with Bet. He sleeps at his old house. Mike and Steve man the sewing machines but can't do the job properly. Elsie changes her name back to "Tanner".
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Howard")
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop and Living quarters
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- This episode was broadcast at 7.45pm due to World Cup coverage.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike Baldwin and Steve Fisher concoct a plan to foil the factory militants. Meanwhile, Alf Roberts decides to opt out of the gossip-provoking situation with Bet Lynch.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,250,000 viewers (5th place).
|June 1978 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|