Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th June 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||21st June 1978|
|Next episode||28th June 1978|
Bet tells Alf he did the wrong thing sleeping at the old house; Renee will think they've been up to something. Suzie and Gail discover that if the strike affects sales at the Western Front through shortages then one of them might lose their job. Renee returns a day early. Hilda can't cope without the factory money. Suzie and Gail cross the picket line to get stock for the shop. They are mobbed on their way out and have the denim taken off them. Ken tells Renee that Alf was driven to sleeping in the old house because of Bet.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop and living quarters
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- TV Times synopsis: Renee returns unexpectedly - but will she find out what's been going on behind her back? Gail and Suzie challenge the picket line…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,450,000 viewers (6th place).
|June 1978 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|