|ITV transmission date||28th June 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||26th June 1978|
|Next episode||3rd July 1978|
Alf tells Renee he moved out to stop people talking about him and Bet. She tells him it was the worst thing he could have done; now people will think something was going on. Hilda goes for a job cleaning the offices at the Abattoir. Mike plans to switch the important orders to another firm, Cottams. Ida tells Renee that she saw Alf and Bet in their nightclothes at the same bedroom window. Hilda gets the Abattoir job but feels guilty as the girls are still striking. Renee realises there's only one way to stop Bet's tricks. Fred takes Alma Walsh out again. Ivy tells the Union Rep at Cottams about the strike. She agrees that her girls won't touch the orders. Renee tells Bet to find somewhere else to live. Mike decides to bring in non-union labour to finish the orders.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop and living quarters
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Unnamed Cafe - Exterior
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of Eileen Derbyshire in the role of Emily Bishop.
- TV Times synopsis: Fred works up to a marriage proposal to a likely lady…while Renee finds out the real reason why Alf slept away from the shop - and turns on Bet with an ultimatum.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,000,000 viewers (4th place).
|June 1978 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|