Neither Renee nor Alf want Daisy Hibbert to live with them. Elsie decides to take the job at Spencer's sewing room. Emily is embarrassed as she, Ray and Eddie break into Ena's flat. They take Ena's old bed and replace it with a new one. Elsie tells Mike she might work for him or Spencer's. Alf and Renee decide to let Bet stay at the flat so Daisy can't move in. Elsie tells Mike she'll return to the factory but wants a £5 rise. He refuses the rise but is glad she's returning. Renee tells Bet she can stay. Bet doesn't let on she knows Daisy wants the room. Ena is thrilled with the bed but tells everyone she's contacted the police; her life savings were in the mattress. When the residents begin to panic she tells them she's only joking. Ray tells Len the hotel developers have gone bust. They've lost the £3,000 plus the profit.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- Community Centre flat - Living room and bedroom
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of Eileen Derbyshire in the role of Emily Bishop.
- TV Times synopsis: Albert Tatlock acts as a decoy while his accomplices execute a break-in…but it's all in a good cause.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,050,000 viewers (2nd place).
|July 1978 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|