Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th July 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||12th July 1978|
|Next episode||19th July 1978|
The Langtons and Faircloughs can't believe the hotel job has backfired. Ray tells Jim Conran's partner Dick Rawlins that the Yard still wants payment from him. Rawlins tells him the receivers have been called in and they'll eventually get some money. Emily feels sorry for battered wife Brenda Summers who she meets at the hospital. Rita worries that Len will want to sell The Kabin for funds. Emily tells Brenda she can stay at No.3 for the night. She hopes she'll see a social worker.
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard and office
- Weatherfield General - Outpatients department and ward
- Anita Carey makes a pre-Joyce Smedley appearance as Brenda Summers.
- TV Times synopsis: Emily Bishop turns her home into a refuge for battered wife Brenda Summers. There is trouble between Len Fairclough and Ray Langton when they lose the hotel contract - and face ruin.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,100,000 viewers (10th place).
|July 1978 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|