Emily promises to help Brenda Summers start a new life. Len tells Rita he may have to sell The Kabin. Emily is horrified when John Summers pushes his way into the house looking for Brenda. He accuses Emily of coming between him and his wife. Len decides he's going to hang on to The Kabin. The bank agrees to the Yard paying back the loan £60 a week for two years. He tells the Langtons they've got to find their £30 share. Rita calls Len a hypocrite when he asks her to start singing at the Gatsby Club again to help financially. She refuses to be used. John Summers dumps the children, Wayne and Samantha, on Brenda at Emily's.
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Brenda Summers - Anita Carey
- Milkman - Frank Birch
- John Summers - Bruce Bould
- Wayne Summers - Andrew Davison
- Samantha Summers - Taryn Hopkins
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Fairclough and Langton - Office
- Anita Carey makes a pre-Joyce Smedley appearance as Brenda Summers.
- TV Times synopsis: Trying to protect battered wife Brenda, Emily has to face up to an invasion of her home by Brenda's angry husband, John. Will Len lose his shop to pay Fairclough and Langton's debts - or is there another way out?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,650,000 viewers (6th place).
|July 1978 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|