Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||10th September 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||5th September 1962|
|Next episode||12th September 1962|
The residents send Ena to Coventry and are short with Minnie and Martha. Dot tries to get Elsie to join her at the St Leger with Walter and a bookie called Dave Smith. She decides not to go but gets Dot to put a bet on for her. Minnie stands up for Ena telling the regulars that Ena wouldn't shop Sam Leach to the police. They don't believe her and she walks out of the Rovers. Martha joins the others in defacing Ena and Minnie. Sam writes to the Walkers telling them what happened and expressing his thanks to Ena. They realise that they have wronged Ena.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie becomes a problem child and Sam's mystery is solved
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,857,000 homes (1st place).
|September 1962 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|