Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||31st July 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||26th July 1978|
|Next episode||2nd August 1978|
With Hilda away for the day, Stan and Eddie decide to go to the races but need money. Workmen start work on the shop next to The Kabin, changing it into a tea room for Joe Dawson. Emily grows tired of working at the hospital, as she's carrying around the depression that has built up during the day. Dawson tells Rita he's a baker with a shop in Armitage Street - the new shop will be an outlet. Eddie and Stan offer to clean the windows at St. Margaret's Church. The vicar, the Rev A. Challenor, is grateful, thinking they're doing it out of charity. Rita works the grotty working men's clubs. Dawson decides not to tell Rita the shop is going to be a cafe.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Howard")
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Tommy Cox - Geoffrey Leesley
- Carpenter - Gordon Hall
- Joe Dawson - Peter Schofield
- Rev A. Challenor - George Hagan
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- 12 Rosamund Street
- Black Dyke Street
- St. Margaret's Church - Exterior
- This was the first episode to show the premises that became Dawson's Cafe, Jim's Cafe and finally the first incarnation of Roy's Rolls before its move to Victoria Street in Episode 4564 when it was shown for the final time.
- TV Times synopsis: Stan and Eddie land an unusual window-cleaning job. And Rita does a bit of detective work on what kind of business is starting up next door…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,700,000 viewers (3rd place).
|July 1978 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|