Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th August 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||28th August 1978|
|Next episode||4th September 1978|
No.13 suffers from the flood of bath water. Hilda is heartbroken as her "muriel" is damaged. She tries to repair it but tears it instead. She decides she wants another mural. Peter feels he's failed Ken. He confesses he didn't do enough work. He doesn't want to take the exams again but leave school to get a job. Ken tells him he's going to make sure he re-sits the exams by making him take them in Weatherfield. Annie has enough of Ena and Albert rowing over the competition and tells them she wants proof. Ken takes Peter's return ticket off him. Albert remembers he first came into the Rovers on Whit Monday 1919 on a pub crawl. Annie believes he is the longest drinker. Hilda buys a new mural, this time of a seascape. Ena produces a friend, Lizzie Hinchcliffe, who tells Annie that she took her one and only strong drink in the Rovers on Christmas Eve 1918 with Ena. It was Ena's first drink as well. Annie agrees to put Ena's name to the brewery. Peter phones Edith Tatlock and asks her for money so he can go home. Stan discovers the Roberts' ceiling is wet - he and Hilda agree to keep quiet about their flood. Edith phones Ken and tells him she's coming up to sort him out.
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Ken Barlow comes to a decision about his son Peter's future. Ena Sharples and Albert Tatlock are at loggerheads about who has been drinking longest at the Rovers Return. Who will come out on top?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,257,000 viewers (3rd place).
|August 1978 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|