|ITV transmission date||4th September 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||30th August 1978|
|Next episode||6th September 1978|
Edith Tatlock arrives in Weatherfield to find out why Ken doesn't want Peter to return to Glasgow. Renee worries about the dampness in the wall. Ken tells Edith it's his responsibility to decide what is best for Peter. Ken believes it's more important for Peter to pass his exams than to be happy in Glasgow. Edith is forced to give in. Mike entertains a buyer and gets drunk. Elsie takes his car keys off him and gets Ron Mather to take him home in the taxi. Mike has no money to pay the fare but Ron trusts him. Edith tells Peter she's going back to Glasgow and it's up to him if he wants to return with her.
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office
- Hotel - Exterior
- This episode was transmitted at 7.00pm to allow for the James Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service to be shown at 7.30pm.
- TV Times synopsis: Ken Barlow's ex-mother-in-law Edith Tatlock turns up - and family rows begin over the future of Ken's son Peter. A surprise for Elsie Tanner when her taxi call brings a chance meeting with new acquaintance Ron Mather.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,299,000 viewers (11th place).
|September 1978 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|