Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th September 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||13th September 1978|
|Next episode||20th September 1978|
Deirdre worries that Ray is wearing himself out doing too much overtime. Elsie discovers Ron is often seen with another woman. Joe Dawson has his pies cleared by an analyst. Albert investigates the cause of the illnesses. Annie goes down with the stomach bug. Ray is nervous when he finds himself between Deirdre and Janice at the Rovers bar. Elsie tries to find out who Ron's other woman is. Suzie and Gail do a survey to see what all the ill people have eaten. They realise everyone bought something from Renee.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Joe Dawson - Peter Schofield
- Janice Stubbs - Angela Bruce
- Ron Mather - Joe Lynch
- Marjorie Pitts - Rita May
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- Dawson's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: How will Ray Langton react when his secret girlfriend suggests ending their affair? Gail Potter and Suzie Birchall do some detective work on the tummy-trouble epidemic.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,294,000 viewers (4th place).
|September 1978 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|