Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th September 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||25th September 1978|
|Next episode||2nd October 1978|
Emily watches Ray and Janice at the cafe, willing her suspicions to be unfounded. Ron tells Elsie he is embarrassed when people know about his dancing. Emily sees Janice and Ray together in his van. Emily urges Janice to think of the consequences about her relationship with Ray. Deirdre lays on a romantic meal for Ray. Janice calls and tells him she needs to see him so he leaves the meal. Janice tells Ray that Emily knows about them. He tells her they'll have to lie low for a bit but he's not giving her up.
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Dawson's Cafe
- Janice Stubbs's Bedsit
- Unknown streets in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: Emily Bishop warns Janice Stubbs, and Janice tells Ray Langton of the threat. Hilda Ogden snoops into the relationship between Elsie Tanner and Ron Mather.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,850,000 viewers (15th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|September 1978 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|