Rita is annoyed to discover from wholesaler Bob Scott that the LP's that are sold in The Kabin aren't sale or return. She orders Mavis to become pop-conscious to see what will sell. Peter Barlow starts at Weatherfield Comprehensive. Mavis' back goes whilst she's alone at The Kabin. Janice makes Emily feel guilty, telling her she hasn't seen Ray for days. Mr. Garfield from the hospital sees Mavis and straightens her back. Ena's free bottles of stout start - she is thrilled. Len is annoyed when Janice uses him as a messenger boy to see Ray. He tells Ray to keep him out of it in future and warns him that he could lose Deirdre and Tracy.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Dawson's Cafe
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard - Office
- TV Times synopsis: Who is the stranger who comes to Mavis' aid when her back lets her down? There is trouble between Len and Ray about Ray "playing away" from home.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,650,000 viewers (1st place).
|October 1978 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|