|ITV transmission date||11th October 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||9th October 1978|
|Next episode||16th October 1978|
Deirdre tells Ray she's leaving him. He swears he's finished with Janice and never wanted to hurt her. He says he never loved Janice and it was only a game. She tells him to stay away from Tracy as he's cheated on her as well. Emily tells Janice not to think of herself as a tart and tells her she will find someone one day. Janice knows the affair is over. Annie feels completely healed by Mr. Garfield's touch. Deirdre says she and Tracy will leave in the morning. He tells her he doesn't want her to go and talks her into staying. Janice gives up the cafe. Annie is horrified when Emily tells her Sid Garfield is a porter. She is repulsed that he handled her. Ken discovers Peter has applied to join the Navy.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Peter Barlow - Joseph McKenna
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Dawson's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: A showdown between Ray and Deirdre Langton over the "other woman". Annie Walker makes a humiliating discovery about her new medical consultant.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,050,000 viewers (7th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|October 1978 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|