|ITV transmission date||23rd October 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||18th October 1978|
|Next episode||25th October 1978|
Eddie and Stan don't tell Hilda that they lent the cart to Tiny Hargreaves but let her think he stole it. Stan tells the police he was at the races when they want an alibi as the lead is stolen. They keep the cart for fingerprints. Eddie realises his prints will be all over the cart. Deirdre refuses to let Ray sleep in her bed. Ken realises Peter wants to go back to Glasgow. Tiny tells Stan the cart was stolen and gives him £25 compensation. Eddie tells Stan that Tiny will kill them both if he finds out the truth.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- Weatherfield Police Station - Car park
- Road outside Police Station
- TV Times synopsis: Stan Ogden and Eddie Yeats are in trouble over a stolen cart. Ray Langton has to face the fact that his marriage is far from returning to normal.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,200,000 viewers (1st place).
Ena Sharples: "There's a lot of happiness in marriage and a heck of a lot of heartache as well. But folk being folk they only take th' happiness for granted."
|October 1978 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|