|ITV transmission date||1st November 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||30th October 1978|
|Next episode||6th November 1978|
Deirdre feels that she will only be able to forget the affair if they move away. She says she's going with or without Ray. Elsie's passport is out of date as she has to get a temporary one. The police superintendent wants Stan and Eddie arrested for stealing the lead. Mavis can't cope with working for Len at the Yard. Ray tells Len he's ending the partnership. Len calls him an idiot. Elsie is nervous about being with Ron as she feels she doesn't really know him. They set off for Majorca. Hilda tells Eddie she won't have Stan arrested and that he'll have to tell the police who really stole the lead. Deirdre can't decide whether she wants to live in Canada or Australia.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Builder's Yard and office
- This episode, the previous and the next were not transmitted by Southern Television as the station had been blacked out from 5.40pm on 27th October in a dispute with the ACTT (Association of Cinematograph Television and Allied Technicians) over a productivity claim. When the station resumed broadcasting on 7th November the station management chose not to transmit the episodes they had missed during the duration of the strike but instead to start the next episode of Coronation Street - Episode 1859 on 8th November - with a recap of the events of the missed instalments.
- TV Times synopsis: Len Fairclough explodes when Ray Langton reveals he's quitting. Hilda Ogden comes up with a solution to get Stan and Eddie Yeats out of trouble.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,150,000 viewers (6th place).
|November 1978 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|