Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd November 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||20th November 1978|
|Next episode||27th November 1978|
To avoid paying redundancy, Mike plans to sack Suzie and Gail for unsatisfactory work before he closes the shop. Steve wants to warn the girls but Mike threatens to sack him if he does. Elsie tells Suzie to watch herself at work. Suzie tells her she'll never lose her job - she goes with the shop. Len asks Deirdre to return to the Yard. Mike finds the girls have closed early again. He tells them that they're fired.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office and corridor
- The Kabin
- Western Front - Back room
- TV Times synopsis: Suzie Birchall and Gail Potter are in for a shock - how will they take it? Emily Bishop and Len Fairclough try to help Deirdre Langton.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,200,000 viewers (5th place).
|November 1978 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|