Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th December 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||29th November 1978|
|Next episode||6th December 1978|
The Ogdens celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary. Suzie and Gail take their redundancy money. Steve is hurt when Suzie accuses him of liking the power he wields. The Social Security cut Eddie's benefits from £13.50 to £8.45 because he keeps turning jobs down. Eddie stores a one armed bandit at No.13 overnight for a friend. Stan feeds it with money hoping to win the jackpot, not realising it was empty to begin with. Suzie and Gail decide to go to London to find their fortunes.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: What happens when Eddie Yeats parks a one-armed bandit in the Ogdens' house? Still out of work, Gail Potter and Suzie Birchall come to a decision.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,593,000 viewers (1st place).
|December 1978 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Wed 27th|