|ITV transmission date||11th December 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||6th December 1978|
|Next episode||13th December 1978|
Gail worries about Suzie's fate in London. Karen Barnes tells Ken she's illiterate and wants to be taught. Ron tries to make up with Elsie. Karen doesn't want to go to classes and asks Ken to teach her. He agrees when he sees she's desperate. Renee offers Gail a job at the shop over Christmas. Elsie is pleased when Ron calls. They go for a drink together. Emily and Betty plan to spend Christmas together. Eddie recognises Karen as having a husband in Risley.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie (Credited as "Lynn Perrie")
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Eileen Tibson - Muriel Rogers
- Karen Barnes - Catherine Neilson
- Ron Mather - Joe Lynch
- Harry Payne - Max Wall
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre - Office
- First appearance of Vera Duckworth since 5th July 1978.
- First appearance of Ivy Tilsley since 5th July 1978.
- TV Times synopsis: Out of the blue, a girl turns up to ask Ken Barlow for help with a special problem. Will Elsie Tanner and Ron Mather get together again?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,238,000 viewers (1st place).
|December 1978 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Wed 27th|