|ITV transmission date||8th January 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||3rd January 1979|
|Next episode||10th January 1979|
Eddie gives Hilda a frame for her abstract painting. Albert finds Dave Barnes in the house and orders him out. Dave shoves him away and waits for Ken. Eddie shows the painting off in the Rovers without telling anyone who did it. Annie likes it and buys it for £20. Emily takes Gail on at Dawson's Cafe. Brian meets Gail in the Rovers - he is chatty but she tells him to get lost. Ken finds Dave at No.1 holding Albert prisoner. Dave threatens to kill Ken but Ken somehow manages to knock him unconscious to the floor. Albert keeps him in check with the poker when he comes to. Ken tells him he is not having an affair with Karen and advises him to learn to read and write himself. Albert thinks he's a fool when he lets Dave go. Hilda is thrilled that Eddie got £20 for the picture and they split the money in half. She is delighted that Annie has bought it and kisses Eddie. Dave wants the police informed so he can tell a court about Karen and Ken's affair. Albert tells Ken he's going to report Dave to the police.
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Karen Barnes' jealous husband forces Albert Tatlock to keep quiet, and lies in wait for Ken Barlow. Ken is forced into a punch-up - with nasty results. Eddie Yeats is up to his confidence tricks. But will Annie Walker fall for them this time?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,250,000 viewers (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|January 1979 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st