Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||29th January 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||24th January 1979|
|Next episode||31st January 1979|
Elsie is shocked to discover Ivy is interested in buying No.5. Len rushes about trying to do the work of two. Deirdre shows Ivy and Bert around No.5. Bert doesn't want to move but Ivy likes the modernised house. Gail doesn't like Suzie walking round the house in her underwear whilst Brian is there, but he quite likes it. Ivy accuses Bert of being stubborn and awkward. He realises he's going to have to give in. They offer Deirdre £7,000 for the house and she accepts. Len installs a sink in the factory. Vera is put out that Ivy is moving from Inkerman Street where they both live. Ivy asks Mike to lend her the deposit on the house for a lower rate of interest than a bank. He agrees to a £500 interest free loan on the condition she talks the girls into a new work roster. Suzie thinks Gail is chucking herself away on Brian. She introduces Elsie to her new man, fifty-two year old Paul Stringer. He runs a model agency. Alone in the factory working, Len suddenly collapses.
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- First appearance of Bert Tilsley.
- TV Times synopsis: What causes Len Fairclough to collapse? Elsie Tanner gets a shock when she meets Suzie Birchall's new admirer.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,500,000 viewers (3rd place).
|January 1979 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st