Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||31st January 1979 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||29th January 1979|
|Next episode||5th February 1979|
Hilda finds Len collapsed in the factory. Mike brings him round but he's adamant he doesn't want a doctor. Rita accuses Len of being drunk before Mike tells her he had a black-out. She calls the doctor. Alf tells Deirdre she's been allocated a Council flat in Appleton Court. Dr Harris tells Len he fainted and should ease up and drink less. Rita tells Len he has to take a week off work. Elsie agrees with her. Alf shows Deirdre the flat. It is near the top of a high rise block and she refuses to live there. The Tilsleys sell their house in Inkerman Street. Deirdre tells Ivy she's backing out of the deal. Ivy tells her they've got a verbal agreement and she's not letting her out of it. Paul Stringer and Suzie get physical at No.11 but Elsie disturbs them. Elsie makes it clear she doesn't like Stringer and he leaves. Suzie calls Elsie a cow and tells her to stop acting like the Sally Army. Elsie slaps her face, telling her if she wants to be a slut she can leave No.11.
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Appleton Court - Exterior and stairways
- TV Times synopsis: What will Ivy Tilsley do when Deirdre Langton tries to cancel the sale of her house?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,550,000 viewers (2nd place).
|January 1979 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st