|ITV transmission date||5th February 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||31st January 1979|
|Next episode||7th February 1979|
Len doesn't like being treated like an invalid. Rita is furious when he goes to work. She arranges with the job centre to send a labourer round to help him. Ivy threatens Deirdre with her solicitor. She breaks down and Emily has to restrain her from hitting Deirdre. Gail gets bored as Brian keeps talking about motorbikes. Alf tells Deirdre there won't be another flat for six months. He tells her the Council would look better on her if she'd sold the house. Emily is delighted when Deirdre asks if she and Tracy can move in with her. She prepares for them at once. Rita gets Len and Eddie together. Eddie agrees to work for Len for £35 a week.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard and office
- John Collin's character of Paul Stringer is credited incorrectly at the end of the episode showing the character as having played the actor.
- TV Times synopsis: Len Fairclough defies both his wife Rita and his doctor. After an argument, Deirdre Langton finally agrees to let Ivy Tilsley have her house. But where will Deirdre and daughter Tracy live?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,300,000 viewers (4th place).
|February 1979 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|