|ITV transmission date||7th February 1979 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||5th February 1979|
|Next episode||12th February 1979|
Deirdre puts her furniture into storage and moves in with Emily. Len and Eddie take Florrie Todd's fireplace out in Hardman Street. Ron helps Deirdre move out of No.5. Deirdre tries to make Emily see the move is only temporary. Len is amazed when Eddie secures another fireplace job. Ron considers giving up the taxi as its becoming more and more dangerous. Brian strips the bike down at the garage rather than take Gail to the pictures. She is furious. Annie refuses to serve Brian as he's covered in oil. Ivy rows with her.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard and office
- Hardman Street
- 23 Hardman Street - Back room
- This episode was transmitted at 7.00pm to allow for football coverage.
- Joan Campion's character of Florrie Todd is credited incorrectly at the end of the episode showing the character as having played the actress.
- TV Times synopsis: How will Eddie Yeats make out on his first day at work with Len Fairclough?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,950,000 viewers (1st place).
|February 1979 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|