|ITV transmission date||19th February 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||14th February 1979|
|Next episode||21st February 1979|
Len and Eddie have a roofing job at the house of Mrs Watson on Garibaldi Street. Suzie tells Paul Stringer she's had enough of his scene - she's tired of late nights and doesn't like the tarty way she's been acting. Vera tries to mend the rift in Brian and Gail's relationship. She is thrilled when they make-up. Brian apolgises to Gail. Eddie pulls a few slates loose from the roof next to the one he's working on. The lady of the house, Mrs Simms, agrees to him replacing the slates. He notices another house has loose slates and plans to put them straight as well. Ivy shows off her new cocktail cabinet. Vera and Ida christen the house. Ron is annoyed when Elsie refuses to believe he'll give up the taxis.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard
- Garibaldi Street
- TV Times synopsis: Will Gail Potter and Brian Tilsley get together again? Eddie Yeats starts "helping" Len Fairclough - but can't resist a little villainy on the side.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,650,000 viewers (4th place).
Suzie Birchall: "Look at me, me 'ole life's a flamin' mess. I can't meet a decent fella, I can't get a decent job. Oh Elsie, what 'ave I got to look forward to?"
Elsie Tanner: "What 'ave ye got to look forward to? Only yer 'ole flamin' life to look forward to. I'll tell you summat else as well, you've got to take a few hard knocks in this world before you appreciate the things that are worthwhile. I know what I'm talkin' about love. And I'll tell you summat else an' all, yer gettin' all the hard knocks done and over with while you're young. I wish to 'eck I 'ad."
|February 1979 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|