The Hewitts celebrate their first wedding anniversary and make more of an effort with Lucille. They plan a party. Lucille saves up her money and buys them an expensive lamp. Annie tells Jack she wants a party to celebrate their twenty-fifth wedding anniversary. Ken discovers Frank has been reading about marriage bureau. Joan Akers turns up and tells her friend, Sheila, that her husband Brian has left her. Annie helps Concepta prepare for the party, getting Lucille to run errands with Christopher. Ken rows with Frank over the bureau idea. Lucille leaves Christopher outside Gamma Garments and later discovers that someone has taken him. Swindley takes charge of the situation.
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- At the time of production of this episode, Anna Cropper, appearing in the guest role of Joan Akers, was married to William Roache.
- TV Times synopsis: A day for celebration - and tragedy
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,166,000 homes (2nd place).
|October 1962 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st