|ITV transmission date||7th March 1979 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||5th March 1979|
|Next episode||12th March 1979|
Renee isn't happy with the idea of Alf working with her full-time but she doesn't know how to tell him. Gail confesses to springing the trap in Dawson's Cafe to let the mouse go free - Emily is glad. They worry as the news of the mouse keeps customers away. Deirdre is touched as Sally Norton buys Tracy a doll. Deirdre makes excuses to stop Sally taking Tracy out. When Hilda goes on about Dawson's mouse Ena reminds her that she had to have No.13 fumigated. Alf can't wait to give the GPO up. Renee tells him she doesn't want him working with her; they'd get on each other's nerves. She accuses him of marrying her for the shop. Eddie provides a cat to catch the mouse for £3 a night. Emily and Gail don't like the idea of bloodsports and refuse the cat. Eddie baits the trap again. Alf is upset that Renee doesn't want him. The mouse is killed in the trap. Deirdre leaves Tracy outside the Rovers whilst she calls on Annie. They are disturbed by a terrible crashing sound. Deirdre races outside to find a lorry has spilt its load of timber into the front of the Rovers, crashing into the front of the pub itself. Hysterically, she claws at the timber which Tracy is under.
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop and Living quarters
- Dawson's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: Disaster hits Coronation Street...
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,950,000 viewers (2nd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|March 1979 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|