Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||19th March 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||14th March 1979|
|Next episode||21st March 1979|
Renee and Ena wait by Alf's bedside. Mike worries about the running of the factory. Alf has a fractured skull and needs a brain scan. Emily remembers about Sally Norton and gives the police her description. Steve takes over the running of the factory from Mike's bedside. Mike worries about Deirdre's whereabouts. The police find Sally and Tracy in a park. They return Tracy to Emily who goes for Sally telling her she deserves to die. Len drives Emily around in the van. They find Deirdre on the canal side. She refuses to believe Tracy is safe and threatens to throw herself into the water. Len dashes back for Tracy whilst Emily talks to Deirdre. When she sees Tracy, Deirdre's trance is broken and they are reunited. Deirdre is delighted to see Tracy. Mike is relieved to hear Deirdre and Tracy are safe.
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Nurse Phillips - Polly Hemingway
- Det Insp Brewster - Norman Jones
- Dr McLaren - Brian Southwood
- Sally Norton - Yvonne Nicholson
- Sgt Cummings - Michael Melia
- WPC Harris - Kate Lee
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Weatherfield General - Ward 3b
- Weatherfield Canal
- Unknown streets in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: Will the police find Deirdre Langton and daughter Tracy in time?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,400,000 viewers (3rd place).
|March 1979 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|