Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th March 1979 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||26th March 1979|
|Next episode||2nd April 1979|
Ivy shocks the girls by siding with Steve against Vera. Alf comes out of his coma. Vera discovers Steve is doing a time-and-motion study on the girls. The girls accuse him of spying on them. When he refuses to rip the study up Ivy calls a stop to the work. Steve is shocked that Mike told Ivy to keep an eye on him. Ivy phones Mike. Mike can't believe that the girls have stopped working on an important order. He orders Steve to get them working again. Steve accuses him of undermining his authority. Mike decides to leave the hospital. The nurses refuse to help him so he struggles with his crutches. Alf can't remember the crash at all. Mike tells Ivy there'll be no more clock-watching. She gets the girls back to work. Mike tells Steve he has a lot to learn. Alf tells Renee he will return to the GPO. Ivy realises Gail has wedding bells in mind and doesn't like the idea.
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Weatherfield General - Ward 3b and Mike Baldwin's room
- TV Times synopsis: Aggro breaks out at the factory between Steve Fisher and the Sewing Women - and Mike Baldwin defies the hospital by discharging himself to go and sort it out…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,250,000 viewers (1st place).
|March 1979 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|