Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th April 1979 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Director||Colin Richards Uncredited on episode|
|Previous episode||16th April 1979|
|Next episode||23rd April 1979|
The party continues at No.11. Fred, Betty and Hilda leave the washing-up to go to the party. Audrey flirts with Len and sits on his knee. Rita is not amused. Fred fancies Audrey. She isn't keen on him. Suzie feels a bit used as Peter Hockley suggests they use her bedroom. Mavis gets drunk in an attempt to break her personal headache level. Fred offers to drive Audrey home but she finds him boring. Audrey apologises to Gail for being a rotten mother and asks for a second chance. They are reconciled. Fred is upset when Audrey remarks on his bald patch. Renee is disturbed as Alf has angry outbursts over little things.
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop - Back room
- Last appearance of Audrey Potter until 21st November 1979
- Future scriptwriter on the programme, Stephen Mallatratt, appears before the cameras as Peter Hockley, the DJ from Gail's 21st birthday party.
- The episode carries no director credit, either on screen or in any edition of TV Times aside from Channel TV Times.
- TV Times synopsis: Fun and games for some at the party, but will Gail and her mother get together? Renee gets the first hint that the doctor's warning about Alf could be coming true.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,700,000 viewers (1st place).
|April 1979 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|