Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd April 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||18th April 1979|
|Next episode||25th April 1979|
The Ogdens are delighted when the hens lay six eggs. Rita is annoyed that she's left with a load of Derek's Easter novelties. She offers Ken three boxes at 12p each novelty. Ken makes Hilda see that the hens are costing a lot to feed - more than the eggs would cost. Alf ventures into the Rovers. He looks forward to going back to work. Fred buys a wig. Annie and Betty can't believe it, they decide not to mention it as he'll be self-conscious about it. Ken decides to buy the novelties from Renee at 10p each. The residents are amazed at Fred's wig and manage to restrain their comments until Albert tells him he looks daft. Fred gets annoyed when everyone laughs at him. Hilda decides the hens aren't laying enough to earn their keep; they'll have to go. In the Corner Shop, Annie criticises Renee's soup selection causing Alf to rush from the back and shout at her, telling her she's nothing without her airs and graces. Annie and Renee are shocked at his out-of-character outburst.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, bathroom
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen, hallway and yard
- Corner Shop and back room
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: What will the Rovers' regulars say when they see the "New-look" Fred behind the bar? Alf flies into a rage with a very unlikely victim.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,100,000 viewers (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|April 1979 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|