Eddie buys eggs from the shop and plants them in the chicken coop. Renee feels that Alf went too far with Annie but Alf refuses to talk about it. Hilda is delighted to find nine eggs in the coop. Rita is furious that Ken got the novelties off Renee rather than her. Renee apologises to Annie and tells her that Alf isn't over the crash yet and suffers from side-effects. Fred grows tired of everyone laughing at him and throws his wig away. Betty fishes it out of the bin and persuades Fred to keep it for best. Alf apologises to Annie. When she tells him Renee's explained things to her, Alf turns on Renee in the Rovers, telling her he's had enough of her and the whole Street. Renee collapses in tears, unable to stand the strain anymore.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back yard
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and yard
- Corner Shop and back room
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Why is Eddie Yeats furtively 'planting' shop-bought eggs in the Ogdens' backyard chicken coop?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,000,000 viewers (2nd place).
|April 1979 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|