Alf refuses to talk about his "bit of temper" and apologises to Renee. The hens only lay one egg. Eddie plans to give them a helping hand again. Renee grows suspicious of Eddie buying eggs and watches as he plants them in the coop. Steve encourages Mavis to take up jogging. They plan an early morning jog. Ken considers starting a keep-fit class at the Community Centre. Renee tells Betty that she's frightened by Alf's personality change. Ena tells Albert that old friend Lilly Ashwell was asking after him - they both then reminisce in the Snug about other old friends from their youth. Betty advises Renee to get Alf to see a doctor. Ken drums up support for a jogging class. When Eddie insults Suzie over the size of her bottom she is furious. Elsie tells her about Eddie keeping the hens stocked with shop bought eggs. She decides to get her own back by planting hard boiled eggs in the coop.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and yard
- Corner Shop and back room
- TV Times synopsis: Suzie Birchall is infuriated by Eddie Yeats's public insults, so she plans her revenge. Ken Barlow wants recruits for his jogging sessions.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,300,000 viewers (2nd place).
|April 1979 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|