Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th May 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||9th May 1979|
|Next episode||16th May 1979|
Bert asks Brian not to do anything rash about a car. Ken organises a disco at the Community Centre. The specialist has a cancellation so Alf has an early appointment. He is pleased as he wants a holiday in Spain. Brian sells the bike to a workmate. Ivy shouts at Gail in the cafe, accusing her of twisting Brian round her finger. Renee tells Alf that Dr. Gillespie is a psychiatrist - he is stunned. She begs him to trust the doctor and still go. He agrees. Alf returns after talking to Gillespie. He realises how lucky he is but has to see a neurologist. Brian realises a car will cost more to run than the bike. Ken invites Deirdre to go to the disco with him. She agrees.
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop - back room
- Community Centre
- Dawson's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: Brian Tilsley plans to replace his motor cycle with a car - and Ivy takes it out on Gail Potter. Meanwhile, Alf Roberts has to go and see a psychiatrist…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,150,000 viewers (5th place).
|May 1979 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|