Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd May 1979 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||21st May 1979|
|Next episode||28th May 1979|
Gail feels that everything's gone wrong. She refuses to be comforted by Suzie. Fred returns to the Rovers without the pigeons or the car. Annie cancels the Licenced Victuallers' supper and retires to bed with a migraine. Ivy is furious that Gail has broken the engagement off. She tells the factory girls that Brian wanted to finish with Gail. Elsie rows with her over who was to blame and who finished with who. Ken takes Deirdre for a meal but the food is awful. The police want £28 before they'll let the Rover go. Gail realises she's acted like a fool. Elsie advises her to apologise to Brian before she loses him forever. Gail tries to talk to Brian but he just asks her if she had a good time at the pictures. Annie gives Fred the money to retrieve the car and she tells him she'll be docking his wages. Fred doesn't think its fair and threatens to leave the pub. Elsie accuses Ivy of never wanting Brian and Gail to be happy. When Vera sides with Elsie the sewing room erupts into a row. Steve tells Brian that Ivy is making trouble at the factory and calls him a mummy's boy. Brian hits him. A punch-up develops and the window of No.5 is broken. The factory women pull them apart. Steve has a cut face. Annie speaks to Billy on the phone - he says he'll visit.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Dawson's Cafe
- Unnamed street in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: How will Annie Walker react to the news of Fred Gee's disaster with her car? Why are Brian Tilsley and Steve Fisher having a punch-up?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,950,000 viewers (4th place).
|May 1979 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|