|ITV transmission date||28th May 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||23rd May 1979|
|Next episode||30th May 1979|
Fred fears for his job now Billy is coming over. Annie docks him £5 from his wages. Steve has a black eye. Brian blames Ivy for the fight. Billy arrives on holiday. Fred tries to get Annie to think the British Legion are interested in his services. Billy worries as Annie hopes he'll stay and she can get rid of Fred. Gail makes the first move back to Brian and they arrange a date. Billy discovers Ray has left the country and Deirdre is free again.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- First appearance of Billy Walker since 24th May 1978.
- This episode was transmitted at 7.00pm.
- TV Times synopsis: Billy Walker turns up from Jersey - but is the purpose of his visit simply a holiday? Will Gail Potter succeed in getting together again with Brian Tilsley?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,700,000 viewers (9th place). This somewhat low figure in comparison to surrounding episodes is explained by this edition being transmitted on a Whit Monday Bank Holiday.
|May 1979 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|