|ITV transmission date||13th June 1979 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||11th June 1979|
|Next episode||18th June 1979|
Annie decides not to lend Billy the money but to give it to him. Mike goes on the road trying to sell denim. Steve refuses to tell the girls how bad the situation is. Mike tells the girls they'll have to go on a three-day week. Deirdre is frightened to commit herself to Billy. She doesn't feel sure that he wants Tracy. Alf gives himself a week's trial to see if he's suited to working in the shop. Rita tries to interest Len in a holiday but he isn't keen. Billy tells Annie he's invited Deirdre to live with him in Jersey. She is horrified and tells him she won't give him the money if he takes Deirdre, the choice is his.
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office and sewing room
- This episode was transmitted at 6.50pm to allow for football coverage.
- TV Times synopsis: What is the difficult choice Annie Walker puts before her son Billy? And why does Mike Baldwin have some bad news for the sewing room girls?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,100,000 viewers (2nd place).
|June 1979 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|