Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th June 1979 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||18th June 1979|
|Next episode||25th June 1979|
Vera takes liberties at work knowing that she's serving her notice. Deirdre has second thoughts about Billy. Lucy Goodwin likes the trial order but refuses to let Mike wine and dine her. Billy assures Deirdre he'll treat Tracy like his own child. She tells him she can't go to Jersey as she isn't sure that they'd work out. He swears he loves her. She tells him he doesn't excite her the way that Ray did. Annie is upset for Billy but tells him the money is his. Lucy gives a big order to Mike. Everyone celebrates and Vera decides to withdraw her notice. Len is given a month's work which clashes with the holiday in Morecambe. Rita thinks he's done it on purpose and tells him she's going on her own.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office and sewing room
- Last appearance of Billy Walker until 5th March 1984. This episode marks Kenneth Farrington's last appearance with his on-screen mother and good friend, Doris Speed, although the two stayed constantly in touch with each other off-screen until her death in 1994.
- TV Times synopsis: Whose cash will Billy Walker take with him to Jersey - Deirdre Langton's or his mother's? Len Fairclough changes his holiday plans, and this pushes wife Rita to a shock decision.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,750,000 viewers (4th place).
|June 1979 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|