Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th July 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||4th July 1979|
|Next episode||11th July 1979|
The Faircloughs and Bet return from Morecambe. Brian calls Ivy a gossipy old biddy but nevertheless he wants to know who Roy Thornley is. Bert is furious that Ivy has told Brian and refuses to eat with her. Gail breaks down in tears when Brian asks her who Roy Thornley is. She tells Brian all about the affair with Roy. She assures Brian she loves him but he's jealous and annoyed that she isn't innocent. Bert tells him he's a hypocrite as he's not a virgin. Suzie is fed up with the phone job and she considers a career in modelling. Elsie advises her to come down to earth. When Ivy insinuates Roy was one of many men, Brian packs and walks out, saying he can't stay living with his mother anymore.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Dawson's Cafe
- Viaduct Street
- Viaduct Garage
- TV Times synopsis: Gail Potter confesses a secret?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,550,000 viewers (2nd place).
|July 1979 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|