Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||11th July 1979 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||9th July 1979|
|Next episode||16th July 1979|
Ivy is distraught over Brian's absence. Gail is horrified to discover Elsie told Ivy about Roy Thornley. Elsie accuses Ivy of having a big mouth and calls her a hypocrite. Elsie threatens to chuck Suzie out if she doesn't pay her rent arrears. Steve tells Mike they need three more machinists to finish the order. Mike tells him to sort them out. Brian refuses to come home. He tells Gail he wants her and the future is what matters, not the past. He tells her he wants to marry her as soon as possible. Steve offers Suzie a job as trainee machinist and she realises she'll have to take it. Mike refuses to have Suzie working at the factory and tells Steve to withdraw his job offer. Steve refuses as Mike gave him the job of hiring the new staff. He threatens to resign. Mike tells him he'll have to be responsible for Suzie. Gail and Brian set the date for 11th August at the Registry Office. Bert is pleased for them.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Dawson's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: Can Brian Tilsley forgive Gail Potter and get together with her again? The worm turns when Steve Fisher stands up to Mike Baldwin on a point of principle - but will Baldwin back down?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,200,000 viewers (1st place).
|July 1979 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|