Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th July 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||25th July 1979|
|Next episode||1st August 1979|
Betty is upset over the clock as Cyril's friends gave it to them on their silver wedding. She felt she could trust Eddie and tries to believe he didn't steal the clock. Emily threatens Hilda with legal action if she continues to make wicked insinuations about Deirdre and Ken. Betty challenges Eddie over the clock. He realises Herbie Cook took it and begs her not to involve the police as they'll suspect him. Betty doesn't know if she can believe in Eddie's innocence. Ken, Deirdre and Tracy go to the Lake District. Ena surprises everyone by being glad that Ken and Deirdre are having a clandestine holiday. Eddie can't bring himself to grass on Herbie as he knows he couldn't stand another prison sentence. Ivy hears that Gail and Brian have found a flat in Stockport. Albert is annoyed to find he's got to have his meals with Ena. Betty decides to contact the police.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Betty Turpin and Eddie Yeats grapple with their separate dilemmas over the theft from her house. Ken Barlow and Deirdre Langton leave for the Lake District.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,850,000 viewers (2nd place).
|July 1979 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|