Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th November 1979 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Director||John Michael Phillips|
|Previous episode||5th November 1979|
|Next episode||12th November 1979|
Hilda finds a ring whilst cleaning the Rovers and pockets it. Ron Mather turns up from Torquay. Elsie is delighted. Ken goes to Glasgow to see Peter and Susan. Mavis is pleased that widower Harry Scott takes so much interest in her. Hilda hopes the ring is real diamond. Harry volunteers to redecorate for Mavis. Ron tells Elsie the Torquay job is still open to her.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat
- This was the final complete episode of the programme to be recorded prior to the 1979 ITV strike hitting production at the Granada Television studios on 10th August 1979 (see note to 12th November 1979).
- There are several references within this episode to it being a bank holiday. This is because this episode should have been transmitted on 27th August 1979, which was a bank holiday, but the lines were left intact when it was eventually transmitted on 7th November.
- TV Times synopsis: More laughter, tears, love and strife with the regulars at the Rovers. Note: This generic synopsis appeared in the magazine at a time when it began republishing after the 1979 ITV strike and was catching up with the schedules during a period of confusion.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,950,000 viewers (15th place).
|November 1979 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|