Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th November 1979 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||12th November 1979|
|Next episode||19th November 1979|
Gail and Brian see Father Harris about the wedding. She tells him she's willing to have their children brought up as Catholics. Deirdre falls over one of Tracy's toys and has fifteen stitches to her face. Elsie gives Mike a week's notice. She is furious when, in front of the machinists, he tells her she can leave straight away. Renee visits her mother leaving Alf to fend for himself. Gail is upset that she has no one to give her away. Brian surprises his parents by wanting a formal wedding. Rita matchmakes between Mavis and Jack Walsh. Mavis is annoyed as she's been to the dentist and her jaw is frozen. Gail asks Ron Mather to give her away. He tells her he'd be honoured. Rita invites Mavis and Jack for a meal. Elsie stuns Suzie by telling her she's put the house in the hands of an estate agent.
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- St. Boniface Church, Lower Broughton - Exterior
- TV Times synopsis: More laughter, tears, love and strife with the regulars at the Rovers. Note: This generic synopsis appeared in the magazine at a time when it began republishing after the 1979 ITV strike and was catching up with the schedules during a period of confusion.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,750,000 viewers (15th place).
|November 1979 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|