Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||19th November 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||14th November 1979|
|Next episode||21st November 1979|
Elsie promises to return for Gail's wedding. Mavis is excited about spending the evening with Jack Walsh. Rita gets Deirdre and Ken to join the meal as Len doesn't fancy being stuck with Mavis and Jack. Gail buys her wedding dress. She is upset that Suzie has bought a daring dress and fears that she'll be the centre of attention. Ron tells Gail he won't be able to give her away as he'll be going to Torquay with Elsie. Ivy books the Co-op hall for the reception. Elsie is determined Suzie won't steal the limelight from Gail and tells her to change her bridesmaids outfit. Suzie agrees and Gail is thrilled. Elsie is quite sad to leave No.11 but looks forward to the future. She and Ron leave for Torquay. Rita embarrasses Len at the meal by trying to bring Mavis and Jack together. She tries to show them some marital harmony. Gail asks Mike if he'll give her away. He is touched.
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Follow the fortunes of all the regulars in TV's best-known Street. Note: This generic synopsis appeared in the magazine at a time when it began republishing after the 1979 ITV strike and was catching up with the schedules during a period of confusion.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,200,000 viewers (9th place).
|November 1979 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|