Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||21st November 1979 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||19th November 1979|
|Next episode||26th November 1979|
Suzie stalls would-be buyers who are interested in No.11. Brian and Gail decide to go to the Isle of Man on honeymoon. With Renee still away in Lancaster, Alf doesn't like the way Bet tries to embarrass him by being provocative. He decides to play her at the same game to scare her off. Audrey arrives to take over the wedding preparations. She tells Ivy she can't afford a reception at the Co-op hall. Suzie shows Mrs Hindle around No.11 and puts her off by suggesting the foundations aren't safe. Audrey books the Rovers' Select for the reception. Bet is horrified when Alf comes on strong. She locks herself in her room. Ivy refuses to have the reception at the Rovers.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop: Living Quarters - Bet's bedroom and back room
- First appearance of Audrey Potter since 18th April 1979.
- TV Times synopsis: Whether tragic, comic or simply entertaining, there's always something happening which involves the regular favourites in the Street. Note: This generic synopsis appeared in the magazine at a time when it began republishing after the 1979 ITV strike and was catching up with the schedules during a period of confusion.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,000,000 viewers (10th place).
|November 1979 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|