Gail tries to compose herself. Brian isn't at all nervous. His best man Andy Rowlands has a terrible hangover. Elsie has tonsillitis and can't attend the wedding. Audrey's fella Frank Wilson arrives. Steve enjoys being an usher. Ivy struggles to keep her parents, the Nelsons, in order, Vera struggles to keep Jack Duckworth under control. Albert, Ena, Bet, the Ogdens, Ken, Deirdre and the Duckworths gather at the church to watch the wedding. Mike walks Gail down the aisle. Suzie is bridesmaid to Gail. Brian and Gail are married at St. Boniface Church, Lower Broughton and exchange rings.
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Andy Rowlands - Paul Duncan
- Frank Wilson - Bill McGuirk
- Jim Nelson - Alan Hockey
- Alice Nelson - Lyn Douglas
- Father Harris - Paul Seed
- Photographer - Suzanne Jeffries
- Disc Jockey - Mike Boone
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and Select
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- St. Boniface Church, Lower Broughton
- First appearance of Jack Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail and Brian get married - at last!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,850,000 viewers (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
Bet Lynch: "By 'eck, Hilda, you've lived life to t'dregs."
|November 1979 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|