Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd December 1979 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||28th November 1979|
|Next episode||5th December 1979|
Annie lays on the wedding breakfast in the Select of the Rovers. Hilda tries to cadge an invite to the reception but to no avail. Ivy spends the reception stopping dirty jokes as Father Harris is present. Brian kids Suzie that Andy Rowlands is a footballer so she shows some interest in him. Ivy is thrilled when Father Harris dances with her. Vera is annoyed when Jack spends the reception drinking in the Public rather than the Select as he doesn't know anyone. She marches him into the Select. Ray phones Deirdre saying he still wants a divorce but will let her divorce him; he's desperate to marry again. Vera rows with Jack when he leaves early to go to the Legion. Gail and Brian set off for the Isle of Man.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Andy Rowlands - Paul Duncan
- Frank Wilson - Bill McGuirk
- Jim Nelson - Alan Hockey
- Alice Nelson - Lyn Douglas
- Father Harris - Paul Seed
- Photographer - Suzanne Jeffries (Credited as "Suzanne Jefferies")
- Disc Jockey - Mike Boone
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and Select
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- St. Boniface Church, Lower Broughton
- Last appearance of Jack Duckworth until 18th May 1981.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Gail and Brian's wedding reception go smoothly, or will the situation become explosive?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,150,000 viewers (1st place).
|December 1979 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|