Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd October 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Writer||Eddie Maguire and Adele Rose|
|Previous episode||17th October 1962|
|Next episode||24th October 1962|
Annie spends the day preparing the spread for the party. Elsie borrows a dress from the shop to wear at the party. Albert starts work. Len doesn't tell Nellie about the party and is criticised by the residents. The regulars gather at the Rovers for the party. Florrie feels hurt by the way Frank is not interested in her anymore. Swindley spills a trifle over Elsie's dress. The Walkers retire to bed with the party still on, worn out by the preparations.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room, hallway and the Walkers' bedroom
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- Miami Modes - "Better-dressed" department
- This episode was repeated on Monday 7th December 1981 at 10.30pm as part of a week of repeats celebrating Coronation Street's 21st anniversary. The transmission time was 5.15pm for Thames Television, ATV, Tyne Tees Television, Ulster Television, Westward Television and Channel Television. Scottish Television transmitted the episode at 11.00pm. This repeat was seen by 4,206,000 viewers (chart placing unknown but outside the top twenty). The other episodes repeated in the week were Episode 1756 (the Ogdens' second honeymoon), Episode 1710 (the Street's Silver Jubilee preparations), Episode 1697 (Len Fairclough marries Rita Littlewood) and Episode 1246 (the Forties show in the Rovers) although with the exception of this episode and Episode 1697 these repeats were not screened in all of the ITV regions (see individual episode entries for details).
- TV Times synopsis: Jack and Annie's silver wedding party is enjoyed by all - except Jack and Annie
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,274,000 homes (joint 1st place with Episode 195).
- This episode was included on the Granada and Windsong Video Coronation Street 1962 released on 5th November 1990.
|October 1962 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st