|ITV transmission date||12th December 1979 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Director||Mary McMurray and Laurence Moody|
|Previous episode||10th December 1979|
|Next episode||17th December 1979|
Hilda can't raise the £60 to go to France. She is disappointed. Mike persuades Suzie to take him to a party, in return he says he'll help her find a flat. Bert decorates Brian's room for the newly weds. Hilda discovers her old clothes are worth a lot of money as they're now trendy. Vera rubs it in to Ivy that she's going to France. Suzie enjoys herself with Mike and encourages him. Hilda takes her frocks to a dress agency and leaves them there to see how much they fetch. Mike and Suzie plan to spend the night together but her punk friend Norman Mannion turns up looking for a bed. Suzie lets him stay the night and Mike feels humiliated. Hilda is touched when Eddie gives her £5 towards her French trip.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Back bedroom
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Mike Baldwin makes a play for Suzie Birchall…but finds he has to compete with a punk rocker. Who will win her?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,700,000 viewers (8th place).
- Hilda Ogden: "Do you know, I sometimes think that's all my life's made up of now - memories."
|December 1979 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|